Hope we are well on this windy day....well it is windy here in Melbourne! At least my washing will get dried! LOL
When I go and host a Wicked party, I often here from people...I do not have any drive at all....do you have ideas, hints etc. Lots of questions like this....so I thought I would blog about it.
To a certain extent it’s normal for sexual desire to wax and wane and a low sex drive is often the result of major life changes such as illness, job stress, having a baby, kids or menopause etc.
The problems women have with their sex life, what I think anyways, can be divided into four areas
•Lack of desire
•Lack of arousal
•Failure to orgasm
•Pain or discomfort with intercourse
Chinese medicine associates a healthy sex drive with overall good health and some of the most famous Chinese tonic herbs, such as Ginseng, are also considered to be herbal aphrodisiacs. Lisa from Overall Being also has some wonderful products also.
All of these areas have different diagnoses in Chinese medicine and are treated with different combinations of herbs and regular acupuncture treatments.
Lack of libido in women is usually diagnosed as weak Kidney Qi and Heart blood deficiency. The kidneys are considered to be the root of reproductive energy and the emotions, as reflected by the heart, also play a vital role in female sexuality. So we treat low desire with a combination of herbs that nourish both the heart and kidneys.
Lack of arousal is also related to weak kidney energy but in this case it is attributed to weak kidney yin. Yin is what gives our bodies lubrication
Failure to orgasm is related to stagnation and in particular stagnation of liver qi. In Chinese medicine the liver channel flows through the genitals and the liver is responsible for the smooth flow of energy throughout the body. Lack of orgasm is related to an interruption in this energy flow
Painful intercourse is also related to stagnation in Chinese medicine – blood stagnation. As in Western medicine where painful intercourse is associated with a diagnosis of endometriosis or fibroids, in Chinese medicine the pain is attributed to some kind of local obstruction
I know of these, as after my children, I had issues and I consultant with a chinese herbalist, and they gave me this info. I know there are many others things that can be the issues also. Chinese medicine has a long tradition of using safe, gentle aphrodisiacs and may be all you need to get your sex life back on track
Some other things he asked me to try were:-
- Acupuncture - acupuncture moves qi in the channels around the genitals and so can help with issues related to orgasm. Acupuncture can also gently balance hormones and so can help increase desire and arousal
- Consult your doctor – there can be structural and hormonal issues affecting your libido and your doctor will be able to help with these. Your doctor can also tell you if any of the medicine you are taking is lowering your libido and may be able to suggest alternatives. She/He can also check for undiagnosed medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and hypothyroid – all of which can affect your sexual response.
- Exercise – regular exercise moves qi in Chinese medicine and so alleviates the qi stagnation associated with poor sexual response. Exercise also reduces stress and improves your body image, both of which will help you feel sexier
- Strengthen your pelvic muscles. . To perform these exercises, tighten your pelvic muscles as if you’re stopping a stream of urine. Hold for a count of five, relax and repeat. Do this several times a day. We here at Wicked also sell a awesome toll to use for this!
- And my biggest problem....Set aside time for sex. Although you sacrifice spontaneity by doing this, scheduling time when you and your partner can be intimate can really help a struggling sex life. You can also liven things up by making some changes to your regular sexual routine.
And I guess.....host a party and buy some toys for you and your partner to experiment with.
Well, I hope this may help...even a little bit.
Have a wonderful day and